Monday, September 21, 2009

Medicated

I started a new medication for sleep. I can't disclose what it is because I don't want to be categorized into a certain type of person, but I can tell you that I AM SLEEPING!

I am sleeping so well that I'm becoming optimistic about the future! Before, I would always think, "How can I look forward to this event/activity when I don't know if I'll be dog tired or just a little tired." I was living a life of fear. Fear of being exhausted. I believe that this same fear was holding me back in relationships. In fact, I know it was.

But not any more. I went to the city yesterday and had a packed day of fighting traffic, navigating from the deepest part of the Mission to the outermost tip of North Beach, and expecting my body to cooperate through a two hour advanced yoga class and a three hour pilates intensive course. No problem. I knew that I was improved when I threw away my half consumed latte because I felt like I'd had enough. I was awake. And more important, I was present.

Yesterday was a shining example of how I can live my life. I feel like the biggest, wettest and darkest blanket has just been lifted off of every part of me and it feels terrific!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. SOOOOOO happy to hear this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The light at the end of the tunnel!!! That i'm sure you thought you might not ever see.... has arrived. It is about f**cking time that you got some sleep. Your life will be soooo different and more enjoyable!!!!

    Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!!

    ReplyDelete